Support Groups in Bangkok
English-speaking support groups and meetings in Bangkok for AA (Alcoholics Anonymous), drug aid, cancer support meetings, AIDS and more...
Below find information on helplines and support groups for the following:
The AA Thailand website has information about Alcoholics Anonymous meetings throughout the country and in Bangkok, where open and closed meetings are held daily. Refer to the comprehensive website for meeting times, venues and maps to the locations. All AA meetings are in English unless stated otherwise.
Al-Anon meetings provide support to the family, friends and those affected by an alcoholic in their lives.
The Narcotics Anonymous Thailand group provides help and support for those for whom drugs have become a problem and for those that want to stay free of drugs. Regular meetings (some in English) take place at the Evangelical Church of Bangkok and at other locations in Thailand. A Narcotics Anonymous helpline is available 24/7.
The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre has been providing treatment and care at the Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital since 1985 as well as being involved in many research projects. It is possible for non-Thais to get treatment but a Thai speaker may be needed to help book an appointment. Medical records of previous treatment will be required.
- Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre
Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital
Tel: 02 256 4107
Bangkok Breast Cancer Support Group provides emotional and psychological support for women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Bangkok Breast Cancer Support Group
At: Queen Sirikit Centre, Basement Level, Chulalongkorn Hospital, 1873 Rama IV, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 02 256 4991-2 / 085 908 8002
BAMBI (Bangkok Mothers & Babies International): A volunteer non-profit organisation that provides pre-natal and post-natal advice and support for parents and pregnant women of all nationalities.
BAMBI also runs a number of support groups:
- Adoption: Help for those that want to adopt children or who have already adopted
- Fertility: Practical information and support
- Pre-and post-natal support: Practical information and shared experiences
- S-Kids (Special Kids): For families with children that have special needs
- Twins and Multiples Group: Support and playgroup for families with twins and/or multiples
- Bumps and Babies: Group providing support to pregnant women and to those who have recently given birth. The group meets bi-monthly
- LEAP: L(earning) E(ducation) A(dvocacy) P(rogram) : Support group for parents of children with special needs
- BAMBI Single Parents of Thailand (SPOT): Support and social club for single parents and their children
- Bangkok Area Homeschool Network: Support network for families that teach their children at home
The Rainbow Room: Special needs awareness centre and support group for parents who have children with behavioural and developmental challenges including Down syndrome, dyslexia, autism spectrum disorder and other special needs.