If your business or non-profit organisation is based within Bangkok, you can list it in the Business Directory free of chargeRead More...
Consular Services for Foreign Visitors and Residents in Thailand
Information on the services and assistance available, including the replacement of lost or stolen passports, for expats from the UK, USA, Canada and Australia from their embassies and consulates in Thailand...
Most countries have an Embassy or Consular Offices to deal with matters affecting their own nationals living in or visiting the country.
Citizens of the USA, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia living in Thailand are particularly well catered to by the consular sections of their Embassies and other organisations. Those from one of these countries will find a wealth of up-to-date and officially published information from the links below.
- UK/British Citizens
- EU Nationals
- US/American Citizens
- Australian Citizens
- New Zealand Citizens
- Canadian Citizens
The British Embassy recommends that all citizens staying in Thailand for more than three months register with the Embassy.
- British Embassy in Bangkok
At: 14 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 02 305 8333
Fax: 02 253 7121
Open: Monday to Thursday 08:00-11:00 and 13:00-15:30, Friday 08:00-12:00
The British Embassy and Consular Offices provide services to British citizens in Thailand. Services include:
- Providing help to those who have been victim of a crime
- Providing notarial services and letters that may be required by the Thai authorities
- Consular birth and death registrations
- Information on transferring funds
- Providing details of local lawyers, doctors, translators and funeral directors
The UK government's GOV.UK website provides information online for Britons considering moving abroad and for those already there. It includes tax, health and education advice as well as a section on what to do when returning to the UK.
All visa applications should be submitted at the UK Visa Application Centre.
- UK Visa Application Centre
At: 2nd Floor, Regent House, 183 Rajdamri Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 02 254 1098/1099
British passports are not renewed by the British Embassy, but first passports are issued. Applications for renewals must be sent to the British Consulate-General in Hong Kong at the following address:
- British Consulate-General
RPPC - 5th Floor
1 Supreme Court Road
- To find out how to apply for a UK passport while overseas: Click here
Under EU law, an EU citizen is entitled to consular help from any EU consular representation abroad if their own country is not represented locally. This applies outside the EU to EU citizens who are either residing or travelling abroad. Any EU Embassy or Consulate must provide help to an EU citizen under the same conditions as they would their nationals.
Information on the type of help available and details to foreign consulates and Embassies can be found on the European Commission's website, Consular Protection for EU Citizens.
- For further information from the European Commission: Click here
- For information the situations in which a Consulate or Embassy should provide help: Click here
The American Citizen Services (ACS) section of the US Embassy offers a variety of services to Americans living in or visiting Thailand. The entrance to ACS is across from the US Embassy. All visitors must bring photo identification.
- US Embassy in Bangkok
At: 95 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 02 205 4049
Tel: 02 205 4000 (after-hours emergencies only)
Open: Monday to Friday 07:30-11:00 and 13:00-14:00 (Note that the Embassy is closed on the last Friday of each month)
The US Embassy in Bangkok also provides visa services to those wishing to enter the United States.
- For further information regarding the visa services provided at the United States Embassy, Bangkok: Click here
The ACS provides the following services to American citizens:
- Issue of emergency passports
- Handling of passport applications
- Legal assistance
- Election and voting information
- Registration of a birth or death of a US citizen in Thailand
- Assistance in the event of the death of a US citizen in Thailand
- Legalisation of documents
- Issue of tax forms
- Help if a citizen is in trouble with the Thai law
- General assistance for any US citizen who is having problems in Thailand
The Consular Section of the US Embassy occasionally organises Consular outreach visits to other locations in Thailand. During these visits they can provide the following services:
- Passport renewal applications
- Notarial services and certified copies
- They may also be able to provide forms and answers related to federal benefits questions
American citizens wanting to receive e-mail notifications of upcoming outreach visits should register with the Internet-based registrations system to inform the US Department of State of their presence in Thailand: Click here
The services provided by the Consular Office of the Australian Embassy include the handling of visa enquiries, replacement of lost, stolen or damaged passports and providing general support for Australians in Thailand.
- Australian Embassy in Bangkok
At: 37 South Sathorn Road, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120
Tel: 02 344 6300
Fax: 02 344 6593
Open: Monday to Friday 08:30-16:30
Note: All applications for passports must be made in person at the consular section of the Embassy in Bangkok. Appointments are not necessary.
The New Zealand Embassy in Bangkok provides consular assistance to resident and visiting New Zealanders. The Embassy is also accredited to Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.
- New Zealand Embassy in Bangkok
At: M Thai Tower, 14th Floor, All Seasons Place, 87 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Bangkok 10330
Tel: 02 254 2530
Tel: 81 837 7240 (after-hours emergencies only)
Fax: 02 253 9045
Open: Monday to Friday 08:00-12:00 and 13:00-16:30
- For contact details of the main District Offices in Thailand: Click here
The Embassy can provide:
- Help in case of an emergency
- Replacement passports
- A list of English-speaking lawyers in the event of an arrest or detention
- Notarial services
There are about 1,000 Canadian residents in Thailand and over 110,000 Canadian tourists each year. The Embassy is also accredited to the Lao People's Democratic Republic and the Union of Myanmar.
- Canadian Embassy in Bangkok
At: 15th Floor Abdulrahim Place, 990 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500
Tel: 02 636 0540
Tel: 001 800 156 220 0142 (after-hours emergencies only)
Fax: 02 636 0566
Open: Monday to Thursday 07:30-16:15, Friday 07:30-13:00
The embassy provides the following services to Canadian citizens:
- Passport services (including the issuance of emergency passports)
- Assistance finding legal representation
- Emergency assistance
- Assistance in the event of the death of a Canadian citizen in Thailand
- Legalisation of documents
The website has comprehensive information on:
- Legal and notarial services
- Driver's licences
- Health care and insurance
- Arrest and detention and more
British International Education based on the English National Curriculum. Campuses in Sathorn... Read more...
Luxurious accommodation, personal service and a range of facilities unequalled in other Thai... Read more...